My First Bob Post
So... here I am!
You know what really bugs me? These telemarketers from the Ontario Police Association Foundation. They call, tell me about how they need sponsors so they can do things like some program called "Fishing with Cops", and how they can head up initiatives to make sure the justice system is tough on crime, and imposes stiffer sentences.
Yeah, I'm not biting.
So I say politely, "No thanks, don't believe in your program." You would think they'd back off...
But no... they keep going. They try to engage me in a debate about stiffer sentences. Dude, I'm not interested in paying money to a charity that is going to do things that go against my beliefs. I'm not into "tough on crime", and no telemarketer is going to change my mind. The only criminals they should be tough on are freaking telemarketers who interrupt my dinner and won't stop telling me about how being tough on crime is a great idea. Come back and chat with me when you have a criminology degree and you're not some $8.00 an hour telemarketer. Thanks.
So again, I say thanks, but no thanks, not interested... please don't call anymore.
And then... AND THEN... they call back next year and it happens all over again.
Seriously. What do I have to tell them to make them go away?
You know what really bugs me? These telemarketers from the Ontario Police Association Foundation. They call, tell me about how they need sponsors so they can do things like some program called "Fishing with Cops", and how they can head up initiatives to make sure the justice system is tough on crime, and imposes stiffer sentences.
Yeah, I'm not biting.
So I say politely, "No thanks, don't believe in your program." You would think they'd back off...
But no... they keep going. They try to engage me in a debate about stiffer sentences. Dude, I'm not interested in paying money to a charity that is going to do things that go against my beliefs. I'm not into "tough on crime", and no telemarketer is going to change my mind. The only criminals they should be tough on are freaking telemarketers who interrupt my dinner and won't stop telling me about how being tough on crime is a great idea. Come back and chat with me when you have a criminology degree and you're not some $8.00 an hour telemarketer. Thanks.
So again, I say thanks, but no thanks, not interested... please don't call anymore.
And then... AND THEN... they call back next year and it happens all over again.
Seriously. What do I have to tell them to make them go away?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home